Monday, February 18, 2019

Book Review: The Essential Scratch Sniff Guide to Becoming a Whiskey Know-It-All

book cover for The Essential Scratch Sniff Guide to Becoming a Whiskey Know-It-AllIf by "know-it-all" the author means a Cliff Clavin type, then yes, you'll be a whiskey know-it-all. I believe though that the title is meant as hyperbole because marketing demands it. That's not to say that the book isn't educational, far from it. There's a great deal of entry level information here, and I certainly learned a few things, and I'm sure that with what I gained I could certainly fake the rest (For the record, I have never considered myself a whiskey know-it-all).

The scratch & sniff tabs were a neat idea, but half of them didn't work. I found the wheel of whisky chart in the back of the book to be more useful, showing where various brands and varieties fit and thus leading to suggestions of others to try.

3.5 stars.

\_/
DED

No comments:

Post a Comment